Choosing the best moisturizer for the face is essential to guarantee healthy glowing skin. All cosmetic moisturizers for the face have the function of making the skin soft, but their forms - in cream, lotion or gel - may interfere with the result the product generates and the type of skin it is indicated for. Additionally, the texture may influence whether it is more or less indicated for a determined season of the year.
In the daily lives, we hardly pay attention to this, do we? This could also explain why your facial moisturizer is not working as well as it should.
Because of this, in today's article, we explain the three types of moisturizer for the face and show you the best way to get the most out of them. So to understand which is the best moisturizer for your face and your type of skin, check out our tips below!
Best moisturizer for the face vs. Skin types
As we said before, to choose from the diverse types of moisturizers - cream, lotion and gel - first it is necessary to know what your skin type is and to understand the kind of care it requires. Below are some tips on how to determine what type of skin you have:
This type of skin normally presents a more intensed shine compared with other types. This intensity is due to the high production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Other characteristics that may be noted in people with oily skin are the tendency to have blackheads, pimples, more dilated pores and a stickier sensation caused by the excessive production of oil.
Different from oily skin, the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands is considerably lower, and for this reason the skin has a drier appearance and may even peel and cause itchiness. Other characteristics of dry skin are an absence of radiance and vigor and, in more serious cases, cracks and sores.
Normal skin is considered to be the point of equilibrium between dry and oily skin types. In this case, the sebaceous glands produce the correct quantity of sebum ensuring that the skin is neither excessively shiny nor lacking in vigor and softness. However, normal skin can be subject to the appearance of spots and redness.
Best moisturizer for the face: how to choose correctly
Now that you know what your skin type is, it is time to choose the best moisturizer for the face from the existing versions: cream, lotion or gel. Let's look at the differences between them and the main indications? Carry on reading!
Facial moisturizing cream
Easily encountered everywhere, cream is one of the most popular products for the skin. This is not surprising because its thick formula contains a high quantity of moisturizing and nutritive active ingredients. It could be the best moisturizer for people who have drier skin that requires greater hydration. Its thicker consistency is ideal for this kind of case. Cream is capable of restoring the water the face needs, even in cases of severe dryness.
However, people who have oily skin should be careful when using a facial moisturizing cream because it could block the pores and result in a saturation of oil in the face. To avoid this kind of problem, there are specific versions of cream moisturisers for this type of skin, such as Night Serum for Oil Control and Pores Refiner .
For those who have dry skin, the suggestion is to use Aqua Auto-Replenish Gel Hydrator , also right after showering, when the pores are dilated and the product penetrates the skin more effectively. In any case, creams tend to be the best kind of moisturizer for drier faces that requires special moisturizing care.
Facial moisturizing lotion
Less sticky and rather more liquid than cream, this version is absorbed more rapidly compared to the previous one. For this reason, it is indicated for nearly all skin types, and preferably for people with normal skin .
Demand for facial moisturizing lotion tends to be higher on hotter days, since it does not leave the skin so sticky. Its active ingredients are able to hydrate the skin, maintaining its natural humidity and making it ideal for daily use. In the summer, it is better to use products with sun protection, such as the Ultra Light Multi Protective Fluid for normal to dry skin.
Facial moisturizing gel
This version is preferred by people who have oily skin or who do not like the sticky sensation of creams. This is because gel and gel creams have a very light texture and are oil free, meaning the skin does not feel greasy.
This type of product is the best facial moisturizer for people who are looking for rapid absorption and a dry touch after application. While it is a good choice for hot weather, it is not such a good alternative for people who have very dry skin or a tendency to dry out. If this is not the case with your face and you want to enjoy the smooth, refreshing texture of gel, try the Night Serum for Oil Control and Pores Refiner for mixed and oily skin.
How to apply moisturizer to the face
Make the most of the moisturizing moment and give yourself a face massage! The average quantity could be equivalent to a Brazilian five cent coin, but you can increase or decrease the amount according to the needs of your skin type. Check out the step by step process for applying moisturizer to the face:
1. Cleanse your face with your preferred products, either in the morning or at night. Use a soap indicated for the face and complement the cleaning with a facial toner.
2. When you exfoliate the skin on the face, follow with a moisturizer. This step increases the absorption of your cosmetic products.
3. Apply the indicated amount of moisturizer to the face and massage the region well. Start massaging from the center outwards, applying moderate pressure using the tips of your fingers.
4. In the mornings, after moisturizing your face, wait a few minutes for the product to be absorbed. And always apply a facial sun protector according to your skin type.
5. If you use anti-signs of aging treatment at night, you do not need to use moisturizer together with the product. It is enough to hydrate the skin deeply.
Still in doubt about the best moisturizer for your face?
If you are still in doubt about how to choose the best moisturizing option for your type of skin, have a look at the following summary:
1. Oily skin: If you identified your skin type as oily, opt for gel versions of face moisturisers. These are absorbed much more rapidly by the skin and provide a dry touch after the product is applied.
2. Dry skin: Because it is thicker, cream is the best kind of moisturizer for dry skin, because it helps hydrate the skin profoundly, preventing the appearance of sores and extreme dryness.
3. Normal skin: In this case, the best facial moisturizing option is the lotion version. In addition to ensuring more rapid absorption, it guarantees a touch of hydration without going overboard with the excess oil.
Did you like finding out about the different types of moisturisers and learning which is best for your face and type of skin? To continue to receive more tips, stay tuned to the Natura Blog!